LTE-Lite Small Cell Reference
- SMT, 0.7 x 1.2 x 0.1 inches
- Telecom Frequencies: 8.192, 10, 12.288,16.384, 19.2, 20, 26, 30.72, 38.4, 40, 49.152MHz
- Internal 65 channel GPS and TCXO
- 3.3V operation, very low power consumption, and TTL strap configuration
- Two independent frequency outputs (one synthesized)
- Support for disciplining external oscillators including CSAC
- Full NMEA output with 1Hz and 5Hz PVT update rates, and oscillator lock status message
The breakthrough LTE-Lite Frequency and Timing SMT module integrates a GPS receiver, filtered power supplies, and a software-disciplined crystal oscillator into a 0.7 x 1.18 inch footprint GPSDO SMT module. The LTE-Lite uses true analog crystal disciplining for superior phase noise and jitter performance. The LTE-Lite time and frequency reference provides GNSS time and frequency synchronization for cost-sensitive network equipment, in particular LTE 4G applications and Small Cell products from Micro Cells to Femto Cells. The LTE-Lite provides better than one part per billion frequency accuracy and better than 10 nanoseconds timing accuracy on average in a small SMT form factor that suits itself to high volume mass production products at cost points amendable to low-cost Small-Cell manufacturers. The LTE-Lite provides all the standard NMEA output messages at rates of 1Hz or 5Hz. Providing true 5Hz GPS NMEA messaging allows for very precise positioning in UAV and other mobile applications. The LTE-Lite also provides a proprietary NMEA message with oscillator lock-status and health information, with the same information being mirrored on the TTL status outputs for applications without serial interface.
The LTE-Lite SMT Module is available in an easy-to-use evaluation kit form that includes all accessories to operate the unit.